Adieu, King of Pop, Michael Jackson

By on 10:13 AM


Legends don’t die... a song which rings true at the loss of yet another great icon the world has ever seen – Michael Jackson.


Every performer’s idol, Jackson was an entertainer in the true sense of the term. Even as kid, as part of the Jackson Five band, a plump Michael stood out amongst his brothers with his divine feat (literally). He gave the world break dance and later the pelvis dance, spurning a spate of copycats living off his name. An original thinker, a creative artist and brilliant performer, MJ was a true legend, respected by musicians of all genre. Just like other cult figures Elvis Presley and John Lenon, MJ’s music broke the barrier between musicians the world over. Here are a few rockers, who mourn the loss of a great singer, composer, musician, dancer and performer.

Lou Majou, veteran rocker from the Northeast
“When I heard of Michael Jackson’s death, I thought that every mortal leaves this earth, but when a legend leaves he takes with him a wealth of talent. But at the same time, he leaves behind such creativity that touches the whole world. Though MJ was more of a dancer-performer, like Elvis Presley, he touched a zillion lives through his music and dance.”


“It’s every hundred years that that you come by a legend like Michael Jackson. He redefined the sound of every genre of music, thereby gaining the respect of hardcore rockers and well as classical musicians. He managed to create a wide spectrum within his own genre. A brilliant performer, his compositions might have looked simple on the surface but were complex and had great depth. They just don’t make them like him anymore!”

Sudipto, Cactus
“Legends are born, not made and MJ had all the ingredients that made up a legend. I was nine years old when I heard MJ’s Thriller and got hooked to his music ever since. Just Beat It, The Way You Make Me Feel, Moonwalker... the list is endless! He’s one of the main reasons I do music today. He’s my real inspiration and his loss is very painful. With my childhood hero gone, the boy in me has died.”
Raja, Contraband
“His story is the stuff dreams are made of. A difficult childhood, a child performer, an Afro-American... but he broke all odds and made it on his own steam. Pop music, before him was languishing. MJ is the only guy who can be credited to have made it a world-wide phenomenon. His makeover is legendary. Every musician dreams of bringing in a wave of music which touches people from all parts of the world, all walks of life. This is no simple feat, and only a phenomenon like Jackson could have done it.”
Gaurav, Lakhi Chhara
“Michael Jackson has been a part of my life, as a toddler, as a teenager, and later as a musician. Today I feel that a part of me is no more. But then, how can I forget those carefree days when I used to mimic him... after all that’s where my dreams as a musician took shape. He was as close to me as I am to myself. He is such an inspiration!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts